MSD vs. OEM cap, rotor, & coil...

I need to replace my old, tired cap & rotor, and was wondering if I should just go ahead & order a new o.e. style cap & rotor replacment, or is it worth it to get the an MSD cap & rotor w/ external coil setup & a Blaster SS coil? I have new MSD wires & NGK plugs. Will the diffrent cap/rotor/coil setup make a noticable diffrence?

dont need msd stuff if your not using an ignition box

get OE

With an external ingnition you’ll feel a slightly more crisp throttle response, not really more HP or Torq… but OEM is good enough for all but highly built engines

the only thing you’ll notice with an MSD cap is your radar flashing Laser everytime your on the gas.

Why would my radar detector go off?? I’ve got a digital SCI box w/ SS coil in my prelude, and the detector never goes off in it… I was just wondering if an aftermarket coil w/ stock ignition would benefit me at all…

aftermarket caps tend to make detectors go off.

How is that even technically possible?

it usually only happens with cheaper detectors… like whistler. I’ve had no probs since I bought the V1…

http://www.radarsource.com/whistler-faq.htm

“Unit falses with laser when I rev up the engine
Has the vehicle had a recent tune up? If so, it is possible that the distributor cap is to blame. A poor quality cap will allow the “spark” to leak from the cap and this is what the laser receiver is detecting. Replace distributor cap with a factory original.”