Clutch Question

Hey there i have a 1993 Integra RS . And having a bit of questions about the clutch . I have to pull the clutch about 3 or 4 inches almost all teh way out before there is any grab in the clutch. I was just wondering is this definitly a clutch problem? or anything else any help would be great i just want to know before i dump it into a shop and pay 800 bucks to get a new clutch. any help is greatly appreciated.

have you adjusted the clutch cable?

I havent even touched it yet what are the requirements to adjust the clutch cable? do i need to pull anything at all?>

How do i know if my clutch is hydrolic or not??

Do you drive a 90-93 Integra? None came with hydraulic clutch systems.

It is a 1993 Integra RS DOHC

Can anyone help me?

Open your hood, and follow the clutch cable(black cord) towards the tranny. Near the end the cable there is a twisty thingy you can turn in a circular motion. I’m not sure if to turn it left or right to adjust the cable.

Cool thanks does it sound like a need a new clutch though?

Were is the the clutch cable i cant seem to find it? any good description would help

It usually right behind the valve cover and on top of the fuel rail(by injectors). Its black and coming from the master cyclinder to the tranny. Almost making and sideward “S” shape.

You see that black cable right behind the oil cap. Thats the cable, now follow it towards the tranny and you’ll see a twisty thing you move left or right. Move it couple times and test it out to see if thats your problem.