loud exhaust rattle

I need some help fast please. i got an airmass catback exhaust on my car. ive never really had a problem with it rattling before until i dropped the car. then it would always slightly rattle if i had too much weight in the back seat. now i just put on the ractive resignator/testpipe and the exhaust rattles like crazy. its coming from the back near the control arm. (the part where the exhaust pipe bends up to go over the control arm.) the clearence between the exhaust and the control arm is soo little now that if i even hit the slightest bump it will rattle. and forget it if theres anyone else but me in the car. is there anything i can use to put around my exhaust so this way if it hits the control arm it cushions it so this way it wont have that metal rattling sound? i was thinking fiberglass but it didnt work. i need something that will withstand heat and water…lol please help cause my car sounds broken down. thank you…

you could always use heat wrap. The stuff used to wrap your headers. I dont know how that will hold up though cuz that generally is a bit tough so theres no cushion. Bump though

sounds like a good idea…anything else…im beet on ideas.-maybe i can use something to wrap around the control arm so this way i wont have to worry about constant heat. just whenever it rubs or touches?? [SIZE=4]:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:[/SIZE]

i would think after a couple of beating on those wraps, it would just hit the bare metal again. you should just go to some shop and have them heat up the part where you can bend up so it would have more clearance. its better and easier when its heated up bright red.

i gave up…i tried numerous things and i decided to stop being a cheep ass and do it right. well i got minike to fix the problem for me. it turns out the airmass cat back i got was designed a tad too long for the car as well as the testpipe so minike cut about 2inches off near the flange from the cat and welded it closed and im good to go. they also cut off that ricerocket tip and put an ill 2 and 1/4 inch tip on it (same size as the exhaust pipes) so its not soo flashy to the police. they charged me 80bucks and all is perfect.

Meineke does really good work :up: