X

weird sound

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird sound

well when go to high rpms and i push the clutch in it sounds like a grind......Not sure how that could happen without putting into the next gear...Anyone ever have this? Anything u can tell me relating to this would be greatly appreciated...

grinding gearbox

here is my occasions of happiness with bad gearboxes, they may or may not be similar to yours.

I had a 93 toyota truck, one day driving to work the transmission all of a sudden started making the most horrible grinding noises, and even more strange, it was grinding in NEUTRAL with the Clutch pedal NOT depressed. The grinding was accompanied by the truck not wanting to drive itself without severe bucking and drag. Anyway the problem ended up being a destroyed input shaft bearing, which was destroyed by the idiot who replaced the clutch (previous owner) and didn't install a new pilot shaft bearing and therefor the input shaft was unsupported and allowed to wobble which ate the imput shaft bearing until it allowed the first gears to bind. $1000.00 repair for a $8 bearing. Shows to pay attention to the small stuff.

Second transmission issue is with a bad Throw Out bearing, (the bearing that works the clutch pressure plate), my 92 rs had its clutch wearing out for over two years, but i nursed it along, the pedal got increasingly hard to depress, and it eventually developed a "double clutch" feel to it. Anyway after way too long a period of procrastination, the throw out bearing started to grind, and it finally drove me to take out my transmission and replace the clutch. I procrastinated for nothing, i throught that it would be a hard job, but it really wasn't, just time consuming. And you need a special twelve point socket for the clutch pressure plate bolts.

Hope this helps

don

Comment

Working...
    X