Intermittent low idle SEARCHED plz help!

OK here’s the problem: i have a 92 gsr and it usually idles great, around 750, but sometimes it’ll drop down to 400~500 and stay there, sometimes fluctuating but not coming back up to normal. It doesn’t seem to be affected by load (ac, lights, etc.) or whether or not the brakes are applied. I don’t have any cel’s, have cleaned out the IACV, can’t find any vacuum leaks. This is annoying the hell out of me, please help! Thanks in advance.

:hmm:

i have the same problem…i have tried several things to fix it…let me know if you figure it out…im thinking there is a vaccum leak somewhere and after it sits for a second it gives the leak time to suck air…not sure

still trying to fix this… :bang:

You cleaned out the IACV but have you taken a look at your FITV?

i don’t see how that could cause low idle

I’m thinking it still may be the eacv either sticking or being lazy. I’m going to clean it again tomorrow with sea foam deep creep and if that doesn’t help i’ll get a new one and see what happens. wish me luck… :cross:

I have the same problem here. I cleaned the iacv twice so I know it can’t be the iacv. I have a theory to what is causing this problem. I took of the intake tude that connects to the throttle body and found alot of black stuff built up inside the gate(control by the throttle cable). My theory is that those black stuff cause the gate to not close all the way sometimes and let a small amount of air in which through off the ecu. Again, this is just my theory, I’ll clean the throttle body sometime this week and let you guys know if it works or not.