rpm problems with my teg

i have a 93 rs 5-speed and i have a few problems. after beating on my car for a little the idle stays at about 1200 rpm. while it is cold it idles at 2200 rpm and when it starts to warm up it surges between 2100 and 1000 rpm. another problem is when you drive the car below 2000 rpm and try to stomp on the gas or even just give a little more gas it hesitates. i really need help with these problems. can someone help me? :worry:

a stab in the dark- a good tune up for the hesitation
and clean the IACV and black out of butterfly on the throttle

possably change O2 and PCV if you slacken

could the hesitation be the distributor? i did plugs, wires, cap & rotor. next is fuel filter and throttlebody cleaning and pcv valve.

i am not sure about that. i know i had hesitation once and if was the dist. cap and rotor, but my friend had it once becuase of some bad ass spark plug wires he got. becuase they were 2 months old he exchanged them and it cleaned it up. i dont think that is your problem. it could be anything, i just didnt know if you did a tune up.

i try and use OEM for most things. and the IACV cleaning tip on the forum is great.

in any way possible could my distributor be causing this?

no clue man. anyone?

Could be your injectors. Try taking them out and let them soak in deisel fuel for a couple hours(or overnight). Anothing thing is that it could be your fuel pressure regulator, causing the surging. Try checking it and cleaning it if it need it. Basically just go thro yr fuel system and clean it up a lil bit. It will do wonders :cool:

Pull off the intake tube and look at your butterfly throttle plate, does it close completely when the car is started? You might be able to adjust the throttle linkage to close the plate completely, if it is out of adjustment or kinked or some other problem. Just a stab in the dark. Late.

also have you checked your timing?
mine did this a while ago, surging and all. but i already have changed everything for a tune-up. the bolts on my dist were tight, but the timing was way too high.

as of last night my idle stays over 1000 rpm :wtf: i need this fixed. it runs and drives fine with just a little low rpm hesitation other than that its great. has anyone had these problems?

when you say it hesitates do your rpms continue climbing steadily/fast but your car won’t go anywhere??? My car does the same thing right now. I’ve been reading all these similar posts, as soon as my bro gets his DSM outta the garage I’m gonna change cap and rotor, wires, plugs and possibly the o2 sensor. :shrug:

hesitation is when your car bucks or chokes from either not enough fuel,air or spark. i know its not air so it has to be one of the other 2. for yours you just need a tune up plugs, wires, etc. and your car will run correct. mine is a little more extensive and a fucking pain in the ass to figure out :think:

my idle is high as hell and it surges in the cold. whats wrong with it? never had this problem b4. :hmm: :argh:

do that if not done yet it should fix the problem

where is it located? exact location please its really cold here and i have to do it outside in the dark. thank you

it is on the back of the intake manifold. it is inbetween it and the firewall. read the fourm on the IACV. it explains everything on how to take it off. it is real easy and i suck getting things done but this is not hard.

thanks peoples. now i have myself a little project for friday. i will let you all know the outcome. and again thanx

ok. i changed my pcv valve, cleaned my throttle body and cleaned the iac valve. my pcv valve was clogged and my iac and t/b were dirty as hell. now the car runs smooth but i still have a little low end hesitaion (under 2k rpm) and my idle is still about 1300 (sometimes it will go to about 700 - 800 rpm) any ideas?

timing maybe or plug wires