Shaking and oil lead, related?

[SIZE=3]I have a 91 Integra GS.
2 things are going on, an oil leak and at idle the car shakes.

I don’t know much of anything about these integras, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

The oil leak seems to be coming from near the rotor cap. I had the engine bay washed and can see new fresh oil coming from around that area. I will try and get a digital camera to show you the exact location.

At idle, or when at a stop light, and the car is still, the car seems to be shaking or vibrating a little bit. The rpms are steady but the stiring wheel shakes/vibrates, it the window is down it happens. Also if I look out of the windshield I can see my hood doing this action also. I don’t think it does it when I am driving or maybe I just can’t tell.
Oh yeah and when my hood is up and the car is just idling, I look down at the oil dipstick and that is shaking and vibrating like crazy.

What should I do???

Any help please.

Thanks. [/SIZE]

Oil leak could be from the distributor o-ring, valve cover gasket, or cam plug. Idle could be a couple things. Dirty IACV, worn out FITV, the throttle body has an idle adjustment screw on it but that shouldn’t need to be messed with, make sure your throttle cable only have about 1/4 in of slack when u press on it.

I would search for IACV cleaning and try that first, oh yeah what rpms does it idle at?

lots of luck
Alan

Idles just below 1000 when warm.

idle should be 750 +/- 50 rpm. Hmm, how far below 1000rpms does it idle?

Alan

is it an auto or manual teg? i see ur new, welcome to the boards. good to see more kansas teg owners on here.

I think it is around 750. It seems alright, it is steady.

It is a manual.
Yeah Lawrence is about a 28 minute drive for me.

Ok, if its around 750, I would really recommend cleaning the IACV below is a link to the teg tip. Other than that, maybe bump the idle screw a turn or so, i don’t remember which way ups or downs it.

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35534

Alan

Yes I will try that. ASAP and let you know.

I cleaned the IACV today. It wasn’t really that dirty but I did clean it. And so far it seem like it has helped. There is still a little bit of roughness to the idle. Maybe the fuel filter next.
Any other ideas?

Thanks for the link, the directions were great. :wave:

Fuel filter could be dirty, if you don’t know when it was changed last, it couldn’t hurt. I would also get a timing light and check the timing. And maybe bump your idle screw up a lil bit. Mine studdered a little when I got it, checked timing, it was retarded 2 degrees and I turned the idle screw a lil bit and it idles perfectly since then.

Alan