looking for a performance distributor

as we all know honda distributors pretty much suck.almost everytime i do a tune up to my teg i always have to foot out 250 extra for a distributor.is there anybody outhere who knows of any performance companies that makes one for g2’s?.searched every got nothing.

just use a stock one with an aftermarket coil adapter. Then use an MSD coil pack.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7940880223&category=33690

More importantly though, I would find out why you keeping replacing distributors. I don’t think attributing it to “Honda makes bad distributors” is the right reason.

there is nothing wrong with a stock OEM honda dizzy. I am 405whp on a stock dizzy in my DA for 1 year now

lol,alright maybe i was a little harsh but the reason why i said that is beacuse my mechanic showed me a filing cabinet filled with distributors from strictly honda motors,he told me he was constantly changing them especially summer time.thanx for the info fellas i will try msd upgrades and see what happens.

well, whatever, they are not Junk, they go bad…something we live with, all cars dizzys go bad. some are made by ppl having bad days at work on occasion so we, the customer gets fucked. u just have a spell of bad luck

well your having better luck than i am, im am jus about stock and change them all the time.

first and foremost, is it the distributor thats going bad? or the parts inside…such as ignitor or ignition coil. are you using factory oem ignitor and ignition coil, along with cap and rotor? if your just replacing the distributor housing without changing out the other internal parts that could be worn out, that might be your problem.

ya when my igniter went out, the mechanic said they don’t sell those separately and i had to replace the entire distributor. forked out for a rebuilt one that sucked and had to eventually replace the igniter and coil with genuine honda ones.

keep the internals genuine honda and you should be fine. otherwise, you have a bigger problem…

yea i got factory internals to my distributor,hopefully my mechanic isn’t f*ucking me over and jus changing the housing. as far as cap and rotor is concerned i normally use honda genuine parts but last week i got lazy and used a wells distributor cap and rotor and now im getting no spark and car wont start at all…i guess thats what i get for being lazy and run to a local strauss.but to eliminate alll other probs-comp. is fine fuel is fine ,wires fine,all relays fine,fuel pressure reg. fine. im gonna defenetly try performance coil pack and igniter.