Running With Too much oil

Ok heres the thing,k i started up my car to let it warm up, and then 5 minutes later i decided to check my oil. So i turn my car off, and i check and its bone dry, got kinda scared. 5 minutes later, its still bone dry, so i decide to goto work and get myself some oil. At the end of my shift, i go fill it up. Iwas in the dark though and then i check my dip stick again, and its still kinda low, under the bottom dot on the dipstick. I fill it up with like 2L of oil, but then i realised that i forgot to let the oil settle the first time. So now i checked my dip stick, and the oil line is about 1.5cm above the top dot onthe dip stick. Im guessing i have about 5L of oil in there.

I know it cant be good, but how bad is it for running my car with this much oil???

non-pressurized sump system

oil level

my oil level is slightly over the mark, but not as much as you speak of. i have been meaning to clean out my oil pan and replace the gasket, but haven’t gotten around to it. when gunk builds up in the pan, the level on the dipstick goes up with a smaller than new volume of oil, verdad? but you have too much, drain a bit out the plug very carefully. don’t take it out! just til it starts to go around the threads, then tighten and clean around the oil plug. also, my oil is clean and it is hard sometimes to see the oil line unless i get it in just the right light. right under a lamp usually. you may have a few oil sploches on there that look like level marks, but they just got dobbed onto the level blade when it was pulled out…

a lttile extra is ok. 1.5 cm is a lot …

You need to get under there and drain some of it, the reason there is a max level for oil to be is when the oil is to high is comes in contact with the crankshaft and the crankshaft will make it foam, it just makes it harder for the whole system to work right.

I remeber reading that its can cause damage if the level is too high, just get a container, loosen the bolt, dont remove it, you’ll never get it back on in time lol… and it will slowly drip out, come back in 10 minutes or so and tighen it back up, and your done…