help have gas shooting out my exhaust

i have a 94 gsr swapp in my 2nd gen teg and i have gas shooting out my exhaust some one please help who knows what there doin cause i get like 14-16mpg and its costin me alot of cash just to drive the teg

I dont know much but have you checked the air to fuel ratio? this could cause excessive fuel to enter the engine and not get burned.

other than the swap, what’s your setup… what ecu are you using? and what injectors?

check all the connections on your engine harness. your ambient air sensor can be disconnected. and like blk92 said what ecu are you running?

ecu

im usin p72 obd1 ecu and this gas problem is driving me crazy im not sure about injectors but maybe i can get a number off em or somethin

are you getting any codes?.. if I was you I’d check the vacum lines first, for leaks or being setup wrong…

vaccum lines

certain lines are hooked up on swap certain ones are not either way the car runs great is relaible and doesnt have any running problems thats why it make me even more mad because its runs great its just shooting fuel out my exhaust and causing me 14-16 mpgs does any one have any diagrams with the lines setup right and with my setup 94 gsr,p72 obd1,ys1 tranny its in a rs shell not sure if that helps

are you sure its gas and not water? water is a product of combustion

gas

im pretty sure its gas because when anyone follows me they say my exhaust smeels so bad like gas

How is the performance? Is it running like a dog? Is it idleing really high? If it is running poorly, then maybe: the wires are in the wrong firing order, or your cam gears skipped a tooth, or your O2 senser might be shot, but I think that would throw you a code, the ecu could be crap or chipped or worse lol (lets hope it is not your ecu). You need to figure out if the injectors are dumping tons of fuel in or if you are running so poorly that the engine just isn’t igniting the fuel that is there. Just a few suggestions, hope it helps.

issues

my car runs great steady idle and everthing does not dog one bit and vtec always works around 4400 rpms some poeple say when check engine light is on vtec is not supposed to work my check light has been on since i got car and vtec has always worked im sure out it i feel it my exhaust doesnt get red hot like my bros car did when plug wires where in wrong order so i dont think it could be that. the biggest thing that im lookin at is vaccum lines because i have a couple in swap that are not hooked up to anything. also car has never givien me any kind of problem is been so reliable the hole time ive had it and check light has always been on its just my fuel milege sucks and i try not to drive the teg as much due to it which cux because i love to show it off

First thing I would do is flash codes. Your ECU is trying to tell you something.

Obviously something is wrong the ECU will point you in the right direction.

Wire a spark plug into the exhaust tip then you will have a flame thrower. :flame:

You’ve had a CEL this whole time?

Check the codes!

This is a slim chance… but sometimes a malfunctioning TPS can cause intermittent bursts of fuel from the injectors.

today

he i changed my o2 sensor today and my check engine light is off so im happy but havent had a chane to check fuel milege so i hope the o2 sensor solves problem anyway the sireing for the o2 was done wrong i guess during swapp before i had the car but now o2 wiring is right i just hope the gas does not shoot out my exhaust anymore

gas milege

even now that my light is off my gas milege still sux around 16 mpg i went threw a tank and there wasnt much increase in gas milege i dont have any leaks either i dont know what to do

if you drove a while with tons of unburn fuel in the engine it could have greased your combustion chamber and valves… maybe your rings are hurt… chek compression

should i try to seafoam the motor see if that helps