Complete Dashpot removal....

Hey, I was looking at how to remove my dashpot today for clearance when my strutbars come in, and by looking at it, i’m guessing most people remove the dashpot itself & the connecting arm, but leave the link that rotates on the throttle body that the connecting arm attaches to. Is there any way to remove this rotational piece as well to make things look cleaner? Sorry, tried searching & couldn’t find anything…

bump…39ppl have looked @ this & not one answer?

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63672&highlight=dashpot+remove

:shrug:

searching seemed to work for me. lots of threads; that’s just one.

ooooookkkkkkkk…let’s try again…That thread answered nothing for what I asked in my initial question…I know alot of ppl say the car will be “jerky” if it’s removed, but alot of ppl also say you can hardly tell a diffrence… so I figure i’ll give it a shot once my strut bars come in…the question was if there’a any way to remove the lever that’s bolted to the butterfly that the dashpot’s arm is linked to…

helms also tends to be a good help at times like this as well. :up:

(hint: i already found the description, look harder).

my b16 swap didn’t have one, but when we did the swap we kept the LS TB on… thinking that was a smog device :bang: … after many high idle fixes and learned that the dapshot was not an emissions device, i removed that thing and didn’t notice a difference… i’ll put it back on (if i clears the neuspeed bar) adn see if i “smooth out”