lots of white smoke coming out of the exhaust

like the title says. it is so much that when i look in my rearveiw i dont see nothing but smoke.

its burning water some how headgasket.crack in the block,your beat

smells like gas too

it will smell like gas also b/c they coolant/water mix isn’t allowing the mix to light off theirfore your fuel is coming straight out w/o bein burned.

well im not sure if it make a difference but before the motor was dropped in it was tipped to it side.

Spark Plug!!!

smoke

I’ve got the same problem, did you get it fixed? :ghetto:

:werd:

Take it somewhere and have the compression checked… sounds like a head or headgasket to me…

got the same problem but not so much smoke… failed to get my car inspected because of emissions… think it’s the same problem? thanks

-Chad-

i got the same problem so letme kno how it turns out

is it white smoke or gray/black smoke? when you get behind the car does it burn your eyes…(fuel /running rich burns the eyes)… fixes for each issue are a VERY broad spectrum so let’s start with basics and answer that first… hit me up on aim kech1976 or email da9b16@yahoo.com, I will give you as much info as I can get together. about the headgasket… do you have water in oil or if you pull of valve cover do you have any white/cream colored areas in the valve cover… this is water mixed with oil… that is how you can tell on the headgasket issue, or you are blowing water or oil on engine bay… make a long story short check these things FIRST then get back to me…

ok what happen was i tipped over the motor for it to be easier for me to put on the tranny. what happened was oil got into the intake maifold. i knew it was oil cuz even tho it was whit smoke it didnt smell nothing like coolent it smelled liked burnt oil, and i also took the intake off and open the butterfly on the TB and seen the oil, it also feels and same color as oil. the way the oil got in there was from that one hose to connect from the valve cover area to the intake maifold. so what i did was blocked that hose off. when i did that it idled great and the bouncing idle stoped. it also ran better so i dont think there is a real pirpose to that hose…idontknow but it did my car a lot better when i did that. and as for the smoking i just dawged the car around my block for about 3-5 days to burn all the oil out in the intake manifold. then one of those days all that smoking stoped. I DIDNT HAVE A BLOW/LEAKING HEADGASKET. i dont know if some people would approve of the way i fixed my problem but thats what i did and the car runs great now. i have also the car. but thats just how it worked out for me.

alright then my man… what you have is DEFFINITELY a broken line to your PCV valve (the hose that connects in between your intake manifold and the black box on the back of the motor) yeah you need that connected fah sho…it WILL run without it but it won’t last as long…

PCV= positive crankcase venthillation- http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-625.htm

this should help you understand it better, still hit me back if you need to.

to tell you the truth i dont rember if it was that hose cuz i dont have the car no more. but mayb it could be that hose or maybe not im not say your right or wrong but i can really say anything now cuz i dont have the car to go check.