X

idle problem- searched

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle problem- searched

ok so i have been searching about my idle and i havent found a problem like this...my idle was low so i first tried adjusting the idle screw...but after a little while my idle went back down to like 600...so then i actually adjusted the cable to about 800 rpms but a couple hours later it was right back down to 600 !! so has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas...i have replaced the plugs,wires,air filter,oil...i still have to do the thermostat and fuel filter? please help!!

did you jumper the ECU plug before making adjustments so that the ECU isn't fighting what you are trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by strikeback03
      did you jumper the ECU plug before making adjustments so that the ECU isn't fighting what you are trying to do?
      so you say that if you shorten the cable before or while the car is ON it makes a difference ? if yes, i did not know!

Comment

i didnt use a jumper while doing it...i wasnt aware that i had to...do i do it just like i do to check for codes? if so then i will try later this week and see what i get

Comment

I believe it is the same plug that you use when checking codes, if you search on resetting idle some threads should mention jumpering the plug.

Comment

Working...
          X