Engine burning coolant(searched)

Like the title says, it’s burning coolant but oil and coolant aren’t mixing.
I was thinking head gasket but people say that oil and coolant would mix.
Is it possible that the head gasket is leaking only coolant into the cylinder?
What else could be the problem?

I’ve already baught the head gasket I just wanted to make sure i’m not wasting my time. I also picked up a used b18a1 but i didn’t want to throw it in 'till I rebuilt it. How can I tell if the motor is odb0 or odb1?
I have a 92rs I think it’s odb1.

Please help
TIA

Are you sure coolant is burning in the cylinders and not dripping on something hot and burning outside the engine? You can tell whether it is OBD-0 or 1 from the colors of the plugs on the distributor and injectors. I think OBD-0 is white and OBD-1 is gray, you should probably search to check that though.

It’s not burning outside the engine cuz it’s puffing white smoke out the tailpipe. and there is not really alot of steam coming from the engine bay. :shrug:
Do you think it’s the head gasket?

how fast are you losing coolant?

How much white smoke?

Can you smell anything sweet in the engine bay?

Not sure how fast it’s burning the coolant and the cloud is pretty big on take off

What do you guys think I should do?
*swap the whole motor.
*swap the head.
*just do the head gasket.

any advice will be appreciated.

with engine cold… remove radiator cap… start engine… you should see bubbles in the radiator if the head gasket is blown… you can also try a cooling system pressure test

:bang: Fuck.
I started pulling it apart yesterday and the first thing I did was drain the cooling system.