transmission

I have a small/big problem with my tranny. First thing it is a real bitch to put in 1st and when it goes in gear it makes a loud thunk. Metal hitting each other and it just wont go in gear. The clutch is maybe a year old and there is no slipping or poping out of gears. When I get goen it goes into the other gears better but still with a fight. It also does this when the car is turned off. It also shakes when in 1st gear at a stops. I checked the motor mounts and they seem fine. Can some one please help me out so I know what to do next? Like parts to look at or replace and would I be better off buying a rebiult tranny then rebuilding mine if it comes to that?

There is tranny fluid in it right? :worry:

Yes there is but I planned on checking it again this weekend to see if I can find a leak some where.

try playing with the adj nob on. located on the passenger side with a white nob with cable through it. that should do that trick. work for me.

Are you talking about the clutch cable or is this located under the car?

yes. its worth a shot. turn it downward couple of times and see if that improve. i had same problem and i just turned it downward 3 times and it made a difference when i shift to 1st and up. still make little of grind but will be replacing it monday.

What are you replacing? Thanks for that tip man I’ll try that in the morning. :up: I have also desided to go ahead and do a trans.flush this coming week to, hopefuly that will help b/c I dont have 2k to fix the tranny.

new clutch, flywheel, and b16 cable tranny i just bought today for 100 bucks… :wink:

Shit thats good. Are you putting that tranny on a b18a? If so I didnt know that fits.

on my b16…

Thats what I figured. Hope it all work good have fun.

Yes, it fits.

What is the gearing like on that tranny? Also do you have to use a clutch only for the b16? Try not to laugh to much I dont know much about tranny’s.

Well its the clutch. A spring on the disc popped loose. So I think I’m going to get a ACT clutch does any one know how they are.

^ damn! where did you get a b16 cable for $100!?!?!

it got lsd. the kid i got it from said 3rd gear pops out and he asked for 100 bucks to take off his hand…