valve adj phillips #1 or 2 etc

guys, and is there a girl here? not likely i guess, but whatever. do you think a #1 or #2 phillips for the valve adj job? and what kind of wrench for the clamp nut? is tappet wrench necessary? any wisdom appreciated. i have read the acura manual on valve adj, so help from there if you can. thanks

i tried a philips screwdriver once and it doesnt work real well to easy to slip and scratch a camshaft lobe

I didnt even think about it or use any special tools, just a wrench and a small screwdriver, small meaning short.

Where the heck do you guys see a phillips screw anywhere?

1 std. length 3/16" slotted screwdriver and a long 10mm 12pt. socket.

yeah where do you use that philips? all i see is the slotted/flat head screw driver and a 10mm nut. some b series engines could just use a flat head and a 10mm angle wrench but on my gsr i cant fit anything down there to tighten the nut and hot the screw down so it wont spin with it. the tappet wrench is needed for me but i didnt get it since i would have to pay for it. i just picked me up a valve adj tool from snap on.

liar.

this thread wouldn’t even exist if you’d read the manual, because all tools are plainly listed, as well as lots of pictures to describe how to perform the valve adjustment.

like so:

please feel free to use MSPaint to circle the phillips screwdriver in that picture.

amazing how reading comprehension works in real life eh! :up:

Anyone want a welfare check while we’re at it? :loser:

i got yer welfare right here, bitch.

maybe it was a flat i used,cant quite remember been a while back, i would have rather just went and bought the specific tool to for the job probably woulda been easier

on a vtec head, yes.

on an ls head, why? it’s all right there, very easy to access, all you have to take off is the valve cover and you have PLENTY of room to work.

dont mean to hijack the thread but why are my valves so loud? i already tried to adjust my valves and they are pretty much to spec, the resistance felt right and everything seemed prefect.

VTEC or non-VTEC?