Heater doesnt work - Searched

OK my problem is my heater bearly blows out any semi hot air when im at idle just sitting there, it blows air out the speed it should its just not warm. When I am moving at all the air is completely cold, what do you think is wrong? i have no idea. All the problems I usually see is that its a little colder when its just sitting there and when its moving and its hott, but mine doesnt ever get warm at all, like just bearly. Please try to help me out its been like 25 degrees out latley, its too cold for me.
Ryan

Can I please get some feedback -
Bump

Sounds like the heater control valve isnt opening all the way. It’s under the hood right on the passengers side firewall. When you turn the cold/heat knob on the console it opens and closes this valve. I would try to manually open it under the hood as far as it will go then tighten up your tension on the cable. Keep in mind that this valve could also be blocked, napa carries them for $45

Have you checked your radiator fluid level? When was the last flush done? I agree that the valve to the heater core could be clogged.

My radiator is filled to the top just like it should be, thanks man i thought i read sumtihng like that.
Ryan

Where is your temp guage at when this is happening? This sounds like you have a stuck thermostat - i.e. the engine won’t stay at normal operating temps when you’re moving.

$5 part and about 30-60 minutes to swap out.

my temp gauge is always at 1/3 maybe a little more just a little before half. But yea i tried the valve thing i took it off looked in it nuthing stuck put it back on adjusted it perfect, same no warm air just freezing ass cold air. Cold it be my heater core, I dont see why it would be my thermo stat.
Ryan

bump, still not working and its still freezing outside.

Sorry to bring this post back to life. But I’m having the same problem.I just finished replacing my thermostat,and I checked the valve and put it back. No hot air.I had a small crack in my radiator and made the mistake of using a “powder sealer”.When I replaced the thermostat it look bad. So is there a chance any of this “powder sealer” clogged some of the lines going to/out of the heater core? We’re in december now,and its getting colder.

I am having the same problem. I have a spin dial type controller for the temp of the a/c system, cause I have a no-frills RS model. Well, this knob won’t spin to heat, so I figure the valve is stuck. I will pull it tomorrow and check it. Have someone look in your engine bay to see if the valve cable moves when the a/c temp is changed from cold to hot and vise-versa. Your cable might not be moving the valve open and close. I wonder if your cars with push button controls have servos to move the valve, dunno.

I’m gonna start a new post on this. (no thread jacking)