Starter or Flywheel?? need help

first…when i go to start my car sometimes it waits a second or two…then starts up…and i found when it doesnt start…i have to push start it…then it will start right up…it doesnt happen often only had to push start it like 3 times

basically i was thinking that maybe the teeth to either the starter or the flywheel are just worn down or could just have a couple of bad teeth on either one…anyone think this could be the case??..not sure how old the flywheel is

or do you think the starter is going?..cause it does pause for a second when i start the car

cause i hate the feeling that maybe my car wont start in the moring…cause thats the reason i sold my blazer and bought a honda/acura

any one know or had this problem??

I have this problem and think it’s either starter or ground related.

alrite in the prosses of tracking this down…just doing some searching…well its not the flywheel or the starter…so yeah probably a bad ground or something…going to try to figure it out now…i hate electrical problems

why do you think it would pause then start though??

Current looking for a ground?

yup…it was black ground wire going into the starter…i saw when i plugged it in it would slowly come out cause the wire was wound up and would pull it out…unwound it and crimped it shut a little and now its nice and tight and starts…i like free fixes and it made me miss work today too

I’m glad I can help :slight_smile: