Swap Exhaust Pipe

Does a 93 Integra LS Special exhaust piping fit into a 90 integra GS?

thx

not unless you use the super jdm vtec flow control valve to extend the piping.

even is stock OEM Exhaust pipe…

the obd difference has different O2 sensor positionings. so no. not even with stock OEM acura honda integra ls exhaust pipe. put as many words in there to imply it’s not aftermarket, and it doesn’t do any more good. it won’t work.

. (period)

I think the answer here would be a tentative no since you’re not telling us which pipe.

The header on 92-93 cars is either longer or shorter than the 90-91 cars so the B-pipe varies in length accordingly.

I believe the tail pipe - “axle-back” as the ricers call it - is the same.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46463

colin i thought the downpipe was what came after a turbo, and the b-pipe was the bottom section of a normal-aspiration exhaust manifold.

how exactly do both connect to a catalytic converter?

Duy, actually I’ve seen 2, maybe 3 slightly different “axle-back” configurations on our cars. I still haven’t figured out a “rule” to determine which ones are which.

I’ve seen different flange styles (ball/socket, and flat flanges), as well as different lengths and different hanger locations.

I know that the exhaust from my 91 and from a 92gsr I had, had the same flang style, located in the same spot, and the hangers were the same. However I’ve also seen an exhaust off of a 93LS that was different from the above mentioned. And I’ve seen the “axle-back” portion from a 92 or 93 (not sure) LS which fit just like my stock 91 and like the 92gsr. So overall i’m a bit confused.

Well, i’m actually not 100% sure, but reading it again, I realize I should change the terminology.

That portion of our exhaust may be able to be called a downpipe, I’m not 100% sure. But, what I should have typed is “a-pipe”.

On our cars the “header” is made of 2 pieces. The top half which is the exhaust manifold, then the bottom half which is the a-pipe. So here is the order of our entire exhaust system after the cylinder head:
exhaust manifold
a-pipe
catalytic converter
b-pipe
then finally the muffler section, which as duy stated is usually termed the “axle back” portion of our exhaust.

here is the pipe i want to put on…

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/50751888.html

so it might fit or not…

thx all to the G2IC :bowdown:

Looks like the B-pipe and tail pipe sections. If you take it to a muffler shop, they can make it fit :up:

As for the different tail pipe sections, I don’t know. The ones I’ve seen all look alike with the flat flanges. I have a DA9 Greddy SP on my DB1 and the tail pipe hangers are in the same locations as well as the B-pipe hangers. We just had to add about 2" to the b-pipe where it meets the tail-pipe. This is why I think the tail pipes are all the same :shrug:

lsteg07: Not sure if you just weren’t willing to read all that has been posted/linked, or if you just didn’t quite understand… but NO it will not bolt right up to your car. As Archon stated, it can be made to fit.

Duy, I know it seems strange. But I’ve seen both ball/socket flanges (same as where the header connects to your cat) and the flat flanges like you normally see on aftermarket exhausts.

All I know is that they for sure aren’t all the same. I previously had an entire 92 gsr exhaust system on my car (except for the “axle back” part, which was from a 92 or 93 LS). The b-pipe (from the gsr) had a dent in it, so I wanted to replace it. I attempted to use the b-pipe from Dave12285’s old 93 LS. It was the wrong length, and flanges were different. I don’t recal now which was longer/shorter…

:shrug:

thx for all ur help :clap:

i guess i got to look for a 90-91 piping for my car… =)