Correct way to extend O2 sensor wire?

Okay, I need to extend either the harness side or sensor side. I’ve read that you cant just cut and splice the o2 wire because of the inner wire it has. My question is what is the correct way to extend it, and which side do I extend (sensor or harness?) The only thing I could come up with in a search was to just solder it. Anyone that has actually cut or tried to splice the o2 wire can see that there is an inner wire (copper filled I think) surrounded by silver wire (at least there is on the harness side.) How do I go about stripping the cover off the end of the wire to extend it? I know this is kind of confusing and hard to explain so any help is appreciated.

I just extended the harness side on my old accord. Went to Radio Shack to buy the same gauge wire and soldered the extra wire to extend it long enough. Wrapped it up in electric tape and made sure it was neat a tucked away from any hot or moving parts. Never had a problem for years.

But what I’m saying is it’s like there is a wire, inside a wire. If you get what I mean. So if I strip the end off the wire, there is still another wire inside that. The inner wire is copper and the outer is surrounded with silver wire.

So you just took some wire strippers, stripped the end of the wire just like you would any other wire, and soldered it to the extension wire? Simple as that? And what kind of wire do I need to use since you’re not supposed to use speaker wire? Thanks bro,
Chris

The engine harness O2 sensor wire is shielded so you don’t really want to clip that one. You can cut the O2 sensor’s wire(s) in half and make the extension(s) using 16ga. wire. This way you leave the engine harness untouched and retain the sensors clip.

Thanks bro, that’s what I was talking about. Anyway, I’ve already cut the harness side?!?! What now? Just get a new harness?