battery isnt staying charged?dont think its alrernator

Well it seems whenever i let my car sit for 2 days it doesnt have enough charge to start. My lights dont dim and it starts up if its the next day. So i dont think its the alternator. But i cant think of aynthing that could be drawing power since everything is the same, electrical as its always been.

did you try disconnecting the neg batter terminal an putting a test light from the cable to the batter an see if it lights up. if it dose something not turning off .if it does check the fuse box with the test light an see if any fuses light up that aren’t supposed to be on

try to retype that i think you made a typo and i think you got a good idea. Just dont understand.

No, I don’t think he made a typo.

Disconnect your negative wire from the terminal on your battery. Connect a test light (or ammeter) between the negative wire and the terminal. If it lights up, obviously something is drawing current.

Also, make sure all your connections are tight.

One last thing – how old is your battery? Try getting a battery fluid tester. They look just like a coolant tester, they’re pretty cheap, and they could tell you if it’s the battery causing the problem.

[QUOTE=90RioGS]No, I don’t think he made a typo.

Disconnect your negative wire from the terminal on your battery. Connect a test light (or ammeter) between the negative wire and the terminal. If it lights up, obviously something is drawing current.

Also, make sure all your connections are tight.

One last thing – how old is your battery? Try getting a battery fluid tester. They look just like a coolant tester, they’re pretty cheap, and they could tell you if it’s the battery causing the problem.QUOTE]

i said batter. :think:

if it has a current then go to the fuse box with the test light an test all the fuses with key off if it lights up on a fuse that should only be on with the key on there’s the start of your problem.then you will know where to start checking for a problem

Well i did what you said, and guess what… somethings drawing current.
So now what exactly should i do? Check both fuse boxes? Also which fuses should have current when the keys off??
Thanks for your help.

I had this problem when i first got my car and i thought it was the battery.I got a new one and the car still kept dying.My alternator tested good then i came to find that the seatbelt relay located in your passenger kick panel by ecu tends to draw power.Not sure if your problem relates to this but hey pull it out and see if anything cool happens! worked like a charm for me. :owned:

of course it will light up if your useing a test light. you just finished the circuit after you diconnected it. test light wont work. disconnect the negative battery cable. get a multimeter and set it on amms connect one lead to the battery neg, and the other to the neg battery cable. check the reading. if you get a high reading, something is drawing a lot of current and draining your battery. now you will have to find out what it is thats draining your battery. either pull each fuse at a time or another way. btw this is a parasitic load test.

well what should the ohm meter read?? 12? And i was figuring juts pulling each fuse but are there any other ways to test?

nope theres no other way i know to test if there was a drain when the car is off. unless your battery is dead in the first place to hold much charge. its tested in ams’ not ohms. it should read less then 1 volt.

Thanks, i dont have my ohm meter in my hands right now but does it read both?
Also is there any way to test if your alternator is good or bad without taking it out? Sorry to ask soo many questions, just first time dealing with electrical.

Well i think the problem is fixed it looks like when i hooked up my cd changer it may have needed a on off switch wired into the harness which i didnt originally do. But another thing im wondering about is that when i press the brake pedal my headlights dim slightly. Could this be my alternator?