Weird Radiator hose

Check out this hose. Do any of you have this problem?

Usually that means that there is an airlock in your system. Check your coolant levels, and make sure there is no air stuck in the system. Also check you thermastat, make sure it did not fail closed or something like that.

Usually that means that there is an airlock in your system. Check your coolant levels, and make sure there is no air stuck in the system. Also check you thermastat, make sure it did not fail closed or something like that.

My coolant levels are good. How can I make sure there is no air stuck in the system?

Thanks
-Aaron

Damn that same shit happen to me, mine got even fatter. I don’t really know what caused it, because when that happen, i changed the thermostat, and the hose, and it never happened again. Usually that happens because as the others posted air is in the system, and stuff. To get it out just open the little nipple thats close to where that top host goes into the engine block, but first go for a drive, and do it when the car is warm.

Although I would first change that hose, and drain the Radiator, and put some new water with antifreeze, and then do what I told you above.

:wink:

To get it out just open the little nipple thats close to where that top host goes into the engine block

Where is the nipple?

-Aaron

BTW Thank you all for the info.

You can see the nipple in the picture :rant:

Mine got really fat too but I’m pretty sure the hose was just worn out. I bought a new one from the dealer and the hose hasn’t gotten fat. One year after and still no problem. I do recommend getting the new hose at the dealer cuz the auto parts stores are more general and don’t fit good. Don’t open that nipple when the car is warmed up or it will shoot the hot water at you. instead of using that nipple thing just take off your radiator cap, start the car and fill it as the fluid goes down.

actually, his hose is collapsed in that picture… it didn’t swell.

But in any event, the hose needs to be replaced.