g2 with 2 air filters?

My g2 has two air filters.One is in the compartment and the other is in another compartment above it with a little pipe thing.Anyone know what the second air filter is for?

It’s the VTEC Master Flow Control valve filter. Don’t remove it or else VTEC will stop hitting hard.

he drives a 91 so its not a vtec unless he swapped

its not a vtec though.If anyone has a photo of their stock air filter compartment, i would appreciate it.Thanks

My car is a 91 but i think the air filter compartment was changed by the first owner to that of a m2 and above.

it filters the warm air coming from the engine thru the top of the factory air box. helps stop things frome freezing up in the winter. kinda that same as the heat riser in older vehicles that heats the intake manifold.

92-93 had second smaller filter, which from what I can tell is a bypass for the main filter.

My 93 DA has that 2nd filter. Looks useless to me.

The GSR’s have a secondary filter? I did not know that, if that filter is clogged could that cause the vtec not to kick in hard, and where is it exactly located? thanks

vtec isn’t supposed to kick in hard…:squint:

My gsr has two filters… an air filter and a fuel filter

make that 3…oil filter

Where is this Master Flow Control valve filter?

:rofl: I guess you haven’t been here long enough to know that I post BS when the questions seem trivial.

the subfilter you dingus

it says what the fuck it is on the airbox, and has four bolts and piping that terminates several centimeters or so from the distributor on b17’s. i suppose it is for winter starting. as to the performance factors of such a subfliter, i reckon it would allow warmer air in which is worse than cooler air for power charge, but probably not much of a negative effect. ps-don’t take it out or you’ll be taking in unfiltered air to the engine. stupid.
sub filtre air
remplecer tous les 48000 km
:sleep:

Bwahahahaha

psh.

i post bs…regardless of the question. :up:

Truer words have never been spoken.

I always thought that second air filter and pipe was to pull air across the dist and cool it off. oh well.