Temp gauge drops to cold when going down a hill

92 Teg just had coolant flushed and mechanic checked thermostat and says that it’s working fine. I was sure that it was the thermostat stuck in open state.

This was happening before and after the coolant flush. Normal driving in city, temp guage is just under 1/2. When driving at highway speeds, the temp guage is about at 1/4. When going down a hill, temp guage drops down to 0 (ie. COLD).

What could be causing this? Bad Temperature Sensor? If so why does it work fine when driving around in the city. It’s really bad when driving down a steep hill. If it is a bad sensor, then where is the temperature sensor located? Is it easy to replace?

Thanx in advance.

If I was you I’d just switch out the thermostat anyway, it’s only 7 dollars at most. If that doesn’t work then it has to be the sensor.

HTH

Did you use the right amount of coolant? If you dont use coolant, the temps wont stay up and itll stay cold

Temp guage not cold anymore

Just an update:

Mechanic took out thermostat and yes it was stuck open. They replaced it with a new one. Drove it for a while and the car overheated !!! They took it out and found that the new thermostat didn’t open at all. It was stuck closed. They said it was a bad thermostat that they put in. DAMN them ! So they installed a new one for me. Now the Temp Guage is around middle…but NO HEAT is coming out of my HEATER when I’m idling. When I start moving, then the HEATER starts working. What could be wrong? Could it be my heater core?

theres air in the system have to bleed it