tick and whine

ok so i have a ticking noise and im pretty sure (or at least hopeful) that its the injectors and not the valves…also when i rev the engine like when im under the hood and using the throttle cable to rev…it seems like my engine is making some kind of whining noise…im not real sure about this car…i havent had it very long and i guess im paranoid that something is wrong with it…any advice would be much appreciated…would it be easier just to take it to a mechanic and have a full diagnostic run on it to check for any problems?

Probably a supercharger… lol, jk.

Try to adjust the valves to get rid of the tick, maybe they’re not in spec. The whining I have no idea about. Is it an automatic?

no its a manual…i just replaced the trans fluid yesterday but the whine has been there a few weeks

is the whine coming from the timing belt area? because i have a whine also and ticking sounds, people said my tension may be too hard, i need to release my tension some because the person i bought my car from said they recently had a timing belt changed done

i have the same whining problem from the timing belt area but i havent touched the tension on it since i bought it 3 months ago i have 199,300 miles on it and i think its the alternator i

i think the whine might be coming from the timing belt after all…im gonna investigate more this week

I don’t understand how a whine would come from the T-belt? Anyone care to explain this to me?

I just recently got a whining sound coming from my engine also and it turned out that its the alternator bearings.

how did you fix the bearing on the alternator?