valve adjustment

first, i’d like tosay what the shit, how is it so easy for honda motor to haVE so many mutually exclusive traits. fuel economy, reliability, power, speed, fun factor, lightweight, safe, badass, etc. etc. bow down to honda, all others.

anyway, do you have any idea about sounds which would indicate a valve clearance adj. is needed. i have never done one, but from cold start on my comp[letely fucking stock, down to the tires, (dammnit, except the antennae and radio) 93 gs-r B17A1, i hear a less pleasing sound than at later warmth. i would describe it as unnatural, not a very well kept rythm. not that it is bad or anything, it just soubnds a hella lot better after it is at nominal T.

?

ps-wav files?

if anyone has .wav or .mp3 or whatever codec sound files of healthy and unhealthy engines b16 or b17 or b18 from a valve clearance standpoint, please post…if possible…orlink me their.
thanks
a

Any idea when it was last done? I think they recommend checking every 30k miles, if you haven’t owned the car that ling you might as well check them anyway. Only expenses are a set of feeler gauges if you don’t won them already, and a new valve cover gasket (~$12 from Scott in the sponsor section)

Even if it doesnt sound like nutts and you dont know when it was done do it… it only takes maybe 25 minutes. I jsut did mine yesterday and it runs a little smoother. Only the intakes were off and not by much.

However when you have a cold motor and the valvetrain sounds noisy (quiets down when heated up) it is most likely the valves that need adjusting. Warming/expansion + oil pressure + road noise can definetly quiet/drown out the valve noise…

Also a little side note: if you really need an adj. then it will make a nice smooth difference for ya. :clap: