Windshield washer hoses/ squirters having problems

I thought this might go in several different forums, but I chose the stock components one. If I chose wrong please move it.

OK so, ever since I had my original hood replaced after minor accident, and went to use my winshield washer fluid, the squirters suck ass. They used to shoot out like a V pretty high up on the windshield, but now they don’t. The left pair hit my damn, wiper arm and the left squirter of my right pair, bairly hits the damn windshield. The right squirter of the right pair shoots out pretty well still. Anyone that can help as to why? Can I use CLR (calcium-lime-rust remover) to maybe unclog it. Is something pinched that prevents it from squirting out far enough. Why does my left pair hit the wiper arm.

I’m baffled.

The line is most likely pinched near the drivers side hinge. If the shop did not install the correct plastic clips, the hood will put pressure on the hose. The pinching of the hose will not allow the proper amount of fluid to your squirters.

i went through the same thing this summer.

2 issues and 2 fixes.

1. the washer fluid has dried inside the nozels over time and formed a white powdery buildup that blocks the flow. Use a long thin sewing needle and insert if down the nozzles. you will feel the buildup obstructing the flow. just push the needle in and out untill it mooves freely. I pulled the black tubing off and tons of white powder came out.

2. The nozzles are not aimed correctly for your windshield. each squirter has 2 nozzles… they can each be aimed individually to hit your windshield in the right place. Using the same needle, insert it into the nozel and then move it around a bit till the spray hits the right part of the windshield. You only need to make a small change in the angle of the nozzle to make a big difference in the spray pattern.

Good luck with it

yeah, the clips aren’t holding to the hood. So it kinda just dangles, that seems like it might be it.