pcv valve trouble

ok so i was trying to replace my pcv valve and it broke off…then when i tried to retrieve the broken piece it broke off even more! so then i tried to pull out the elbow under the im and it broke! so now i had to rig up a pcv valve system and it doesnt exactly seal in the hole in the crankcase…how big of a deal is this and if i really do need to replace the elbow where can i get one cause i already checked the auto parts stores and came up with nothing

U can leave it if u want. And block the tube going back into the intake manifold. (So u dont get weird idle) Let the Pcv vent to atmoshpere. I find the car performs better with it disconected. Cos the pcv gas contaminates the air intake charge . If ur engine is really old could lead u into detonation problems. So what i have done is disconected the valve cover breather, also i let the pcv vent to atmosphere.

I’ve heard letting the PCV vent to the atmosphere is a bad thing. I forget why.

try screwing a screw into whats left of the pcv valve and use pliers on the screw

I just bought a new pcv valve and some new hose and routed a new system thru the IM runner down to the block oil breather box. I was hoping the spot on the IM runner where the pvc valve is, just holds the valve, and doesnt vent to atmosphere when the original is pulled out. Well, I have been running great and getting around 32 mpg on average. Guess I will go and put my finger in the pvc hole and see if I feel a vacuum or pressure.