X

Engine??

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine??

Quick question for you guys Im not a motor person I do body work. My Integra I just bought for 900 has 223,000 on it!! It still runs quiet but my dad thought he heard something when I pulled it into the driveway last night. He might have been hearing something else but right now its got the B18A1 1.8L DOHC motor with Cold Air Intake. If I need a new motor should I get the same one which I wanna do so I can keep the Cold Air Intake on it. How much do you think it would cost? Or I could probably pay to have it rebuilt by the mechanics class. (I am a autobody student) Any suggestions or comments on price would be great. Ill try to get pics asap.
    Thanks
    Jon

dude, that motor will last forever. my motor makes so much noise because i need a valve adjustment. make sure you check your timing belt, and change that oil. what kind of noise was it, i think a used motor is like maybe 400-600ish but depends on who u get it from.

Comment

know how when you run a motor with out oil it makes that tickticktickticktick sound? I think thats what he heard I was in the car so I wasnt really hearing it. But my temp gauge was in the middle. So I dont know what the problem was. Ill check the timing. But I know there is oil I checked it last night when I picked her up.
      Thanks

Comment

the injectors usually make a ticking sound, and you might need a valve adjustment. As far as keeping the cold air intake, the only intake manifold different enough to matter is the 94-up GSR.

Comment

Working...
        X