exhaust noise question

so when i bought my DA the guy just replaced the exhaust system, all new piping and most likely some cheapo muffler. but overall the car sounded like ass, u know that crappy blaring high pitch sound. so i got a resonator installed, it quieted the sound to tolerable levels but i still think it sounds like ass. so the question is, say i buy a oem muffler(used), would that make my car sound like stock again?

if not what other factors are affecting my exhaust noise?
there are no mods to the engine, besides the removal of the air intake resonator. and the i do not know the size of the piping, im assuming its stock size or close to it.

maybe he hollowed out the cat…check the cat and the header and their is tons of heat shielding so maybe thats it. check basics first.

ill check that out. anyone else have any ideas?

A resonator really did quiet it down quite a bit? I’ve been thinking of getting one for my car just to get rid of my 3000+ RPM rasp.

you might want to measure teh piping to make sure whatever you buy will fit. People have posted what add-on mufflers sound good before, I think the flowmasters an magnaflow ones have gotten good ratings, a search might turn up more info.