New Exedy Clutch .. Should it look like this ??

I got my new exedy cluch today from clutchcityonline.com. I noticed a couple places where there looks to be some wear or markings. I wasn’t sure if this stuff was natural and not to worry about it, as I’ve never replaced a clutch before, much less seen one in a new condition. There looks to be some scratches, rust, oxidation or something on various parts… here’s some pics. Just looking for someone to tell me if this is normal or if I should call and complain to the seller. Thx for your input. :bow:

Rust in center of picture:

Oxidation/rust on outer metal:

Large white mark is paint or chalk or something, but there’s a ring around the inside of the teeth that’s miscolored… kind of has a blue ring with a different color brown on the inside vs. the outside of the teeth

Is this stuff normal for a new clutch kit?

I just looked at a picture I took of mine and the pressure plate looks similar.

You can tell that the material on the clutch disk is new on yours. I’m guessing storage wear?

That was my assumption. The box looked like half of it had water damage (the place I bought was in Florida :roll: ) which is what I’m guessing caused the bubbling on the second picture. So I should be all good here?

You should be fine. The little surface corrosion shouldn’t affect anything.

Playing with a new lens?

No, had the lense a while. I couldn’t get good closeup of the details with the standard lense on my digi :slight_smile:

does anyone know if the exedy stage 1 is any lighter than the oem clutch?

looks fine to me. Clutch City on line …let me guess Exedy clutch disc, Mexican pressure plate and cheep Chinese bearings? Thats what I got when I ordered an Exedy clutch kit for my Jeep.

lighter in physical weight? not much, if at all. Might be a little heavier, due to heavier-duty components.