Low idle and lots of vibration

I have a 91 Integra LS with H/I/E and it is idling at around 500 rpms and shaking alot, when I put it in neutral it doesnt shake quite as much. I know that shaking is normal but it shakes alot more than a couple of my friends DAs. Anyone know how I can fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Motor or tranny mounts? Try playing with throttle cable to bring the rpms up 700-1k to minimize the vibration. Also try cleaning the throttle body, replace spark plugs and wires. Just a though.

Motor mount problem. Mine did the same thing where it would shake in D at a stop but the vibration would go away when I shift it to P or N.

if it is motor mount problem, how would you fix it?

thanks

I think the answer is in the question :think:

ahaha sooo true its like…re arrange the words and u have an answer :idea:

To understand the question is to understand the answer :bow:

YOu guys sound like those wiseman.

hey, i have the same problem. Would the energy suspension inserts help, or do i have to get new mounts?

chicks dig vibrating cars

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

when’s the last time you changed your tranny fluids?

bump…

Inserts wouldn’t really help the situation of vibration, but maybe increase the amount of vibration, because the inserts is/are a harder type of urethane/rubber which would cause more vibrations compared to the softer oem type rubber

check your motor mounts…especially the front end one…I wouldn’t be surprised if it is in 2 pieces…

If you steering wheel shakes, then you have other issues…maybe warped rotors or steering rack problems.

Heres the pro’s answer

Hey man, my name is Kris and I’ve been A.S.E. certified for about 3 years. The problem doesn’t sound like your motor mounts, because if they were, the car would vibrate in any gear because the mounts are broken or torn. What the problem with your vehicle is the I.A.C.V. ( Idle Air Control Valve) Its behind your Intake Manifold. It has a 2-pin connector attached to it. What you do is turn your car onto the “on” position, and unplug the 2-pin connector. Start your vehicle, don’t be afraid when the car idles at just about 0rpms (thats normal). On the top of the Throttle Body, there is a idle adjusting screw (it will take a Flat head Screwdriver) turn it clockwise until your vehicle reaches 950 rpms, where it is supposed to be. And your problems are solved. Since you have an automatic, do this procedure in Park.

Best of Luck
                                                                                        Kris

Do you mean 950, or 850 for where its suposed to be, just checking that that wasnt a typo…

I also have a similar problem but have heard so many bad things about how turning this screw is not a real way to solve problems, just a way to make it go away, and how lots of people have just wished they never messed with it once they turned it…can you or anyone clear up if it is or is not a good idea to adjust this screw…

950 RPM is where the factory set it at idle? Mine is really low then. I will go ahead and clean the IACV and set the RPM to around 950. Thanks for that piece of information.

here are my ideas:

bad pcv valve
u need advance ur ignition timing
clean IACV as suggested
POSSIBLE Exhaust leak
adjust idle screw on throtlebody

Mine vibrates alot only at idle. I cleaned the IACV a few weeks ago but it didn’t really help.

you sure about that? i had the same problem as archon, car would shake at lower rpms put in neutral i would disappear or minimize the problem, changed out the mounts problem was gone completely