Stift short shifter

I got a B&M short shifter, the one that goes for around 60 bucks, and now when its in, its very stift to shift, its not as smooth as stock, sometimes it doesnt want to go into gear and i have to “rock it side to side in neutral” and then stick it in first. Happened to anyone before? What did you do to fix it?

well. how fast are u shifting? since its shorter, it takes more effort to get it into gear. maybe u tightened/not tightened enough the bolts? did u use ES bushings?

Bushings?

Nah no bushing except the stock ones… I am not shifting fast or anything like that. if i replace the bushing would it make that big of a difference?

bushings would keep it from getting sloppy quicker, in essence keeping it stiffer but it sounds like you overtightened the shifter to the linkage.

when was the last time you changed your tranny fluid?

:werd:

it’ll end up like a 50 year old prostitute :uhoh:

oops…already stated, nevermind.

I installed a rebuilt tranny on the car in feb of 04 with fresh gear oil. I will try and loosen up the shifter but I am afraid of over loosening it. and the gears mess up on me while driving.

Get used to the shifter being stiff. I think it is like that with all short shifters. Once you’re used to the stiffness, it’ll be normal and stock shifters would feel hella soft to you.

i just installed my short shifter last week, and before i bolted the ehxaust back up i tested how it shirted and it was really stiff so i had my friend go under and slowly loosen it unti l i could shift nicely, i then went and checked the bolt my self and it was still nice and sturdy. i just put in my skunk2 shift knob, and it helped sooo much, which i know is hard to believe but, it wieghs a whopping 440grams, which makes it very top heavy, like the koolaid guy. and way it makes shifting so much easier and smoother.