Steering Squeek

homies
I am having some squeek and squeel when I make 90 degree turns like at 4-way intersections. I know it is not rub, at least from the tires. Everything seems in good order for the components. I am thinking I just need to grisa the steering column or something. Can anyone offer insight on how to best do this? And what type grease/lube to use. Where to access it, etc. I have the acura mechanic manual (helminc) if anyone wants to reference it. Thanks for help.
:manual:

Have you simply checked your p/s fluid level?? I scored my G2 for 500$ less than the guys asking price because there was a strange squeel in the steering. The guy didnt know what it was but as soon as he popped the hood and I saw the fluid was well under the fill line I knew exactly what was causing it. :up:

thank you

that was it. I am a complete dumbass. at least i know now, but shit, i am going to have to learn to steer all over again. it feels very smooth now, no squeel, and hopefully i haven’t fucked anything up by having a low fluid level (about 4-5 oz low) for several months. :werd: :baby:

I’m not sure how long my car’s previous owner let it go on like that but mine was extremely low too and after I topped it off its been working like a champ. Took almost a entire bottle of fluid to fill it back up to the fill line. Check it in a couple days too. I checked mine like 3 days later and it was about a inch below the line so I topped it off again and its hasnt budged since, and that was about 4 months ago.