X

Motor Mount question

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Mount question

My front motor mount broke in half and I need to replace it. Would a 94 integra front motor mount work? If not then where should I get one?

You have several options, junk yard junk ( I wouldn't), OEM replacement, Energy Suspension Inserts, or Prothane (Poly) mounts, and maybe a few other high end mounts. The front tranny mount is the cheapest of the mounts from the dealer I think. I used ES inserts untill I could later replace my side mounts, and I still have the ES front insert on the car. The ES front insert is a two peice solid design, so more vibrations are transferred to the passenger compartment. I want to change the front mount to OEM also, but it isn't that bad, so maybe one day I will. Good luck, and sorry I don't know if other model years fit.

Comment

So if I got the E.S. insert kit I would be fine?

Comment

depends. where did it break in half? the rubber part or the entire metal piece?

Comment

mounts

Seems that everyone has this issue, Integra shakes because mounts are bad. I purchased the Energy Suspension inserts and they didnt really work. I sugest going to the local Acura dealer and purchasing new mounts. The 2 sides and the front aren't bad but the back is a pain in the a$$. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by cjsls
            depends. where did it break in half? the rubber part or the entire metal piece?
            The rubber part is broke in half.

Comment

Working...
            X