car randomly shutting off

i have a 90 integra and was just wondering why my car would just shut off randomly. i have been running really rich lately and everytime i seem to fill up on gas, my car has a hard time starting. after waiting for a long period of time, the car finally starts. gas residue also comes out of my exhaust… a lot actually. so i just wanted to know if it could be due to some type of fuel management issue. [i.e. injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, lines etc.] let me know if anyone has an idea of this problem because it has come to the point where it happens very often. thanks.

Check to see if your thermostat is ok, mine was doing the same things, but wasn’t shutting down. Does your oil temp gauge even move?

I’m not sure cuz I haven’t inspected residue out of a car that’s been flooded but would that mean you flooded the engine somehow with the management system? (like with older cars you had to pump hte gas before starting, and if you pumped too much then the engine would become flooded and you had to wait a half our or so before trying to start again). Just an idea, I might be entirely wrong… everyone always told me “it can’t happen in fuel injected cars” cuz it was “IMPOSSIBLE” but… all I can figure is maybe since you ran it rich somehow it is because of the system? I don’t know, just an idea.