Major loss of power

My car is experiencing a major loss of power when i try to accelerate. I think it is the tranny slipping because i can feel and see the rpm’s going up but the car is not moving as much as it used to. Anyone have any ideas???

distributor cap and button. try that. describe the problem and your car more.

or pay $ for the diagnostic

loss of power

I just replaced the distributor, cap, and rotor and new plugs and wires. When i am driving on the highway at a constant speed, i notice that the rpms keep changing and the transmission feels like it is switching gears ( i have an automatic). It also takes me a while to get up to speed on the highway unless i floor it.

might b the tranny slipping… my friend has a auto camry and it goes from 1st gear to 4th gear it just skips 2nd and 3rd. maby ur problem is something like this ?

i have no clue

bump

Ok, I’ll be first to say, time for the 5-speed swap…

I think he wants his car fixed.

have you checked the tranny fluid?
could be low

not sure how honda auto tranny’s work but slipage in an auto usually meant the fluid is low, could need a filter change, valves in the trans dirty

a simple fluid flush could fix it.

i just changed the fluid

I just drained and replaced the tranny fluid. I dont know, i think the tranny is just going to shit the bed soon and i think im just going to let it happen. I dont think the car is worth saving.

tranny filter does not exist- fyi

did you flush the tranny or did you pay for it to be done. I did mine and read later about the professional flush involving a little more.

have you ever replaced your gear shift selector(doubt it is it)?

have you tried the trouble shooting guide in the front of the haynes book? that has been real helpful before and now that i have fixed problems i read that and back think. then i realise how simple it is if i read and read.

:shrug:

i have not checked the haynes manual

I dont have a manual so i havent checked it

if you get lucky you can find an open one in the bookstore or autozone. they are cheaper on ebay or amazon but i paid like 19 for mine. the online PDF of helms or whatever i downloaded from this site somewhere. it helps more on car repairs but the book is watery and helps with trouble shooting and telling you to take it to acura