X

rpms rev a little in drive while stopped

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpms rev a little in drive while stopped

hey guys whats up, i got a 92 teg ls/no vtec, my biggest problem right now is whenever im in drive say sitting at a light my car feels like it wants to move the rpms are goin a little up and a little down enough for the car to try to move. i want to check the ecu codes but i cant find the service connector to put the paperclip in to read the codes ...

also i looked under my hood and 1 vacuum hose is not connected, i am not sure where its supposed to go, cause i tried connecting it to what i thought would be it but it idled at 3000rpm in park and was fine in drive while stopped. (should i reset the ecu? to fix the high idle in park then?) or am i connecting it to the wrong thing.....aghhh 3rd forum ...

I would start with a tune up and good once over of the fuel and ignition systems. Check coolant levels, check for any other vacuum leaks.

If you could explain the idle fluctuation a little more then we might be able to help you a little better. A better explanation of what vacuum hose is not connected could help as well.

Later,
    BR

Comment

ok well the vacuum hose that i thought was supposed to be connected....is not supposed to be connected... its for the air booster...thing.

the rpms go up and down more when its cold, today i was sitting at the light and it wasnt bouncing up and down as much but i could still feel the car trying to move. the rpm range isnt high at all it goes from a half grand to around 1.25 grand. i should be doing a tune up soon, also my air filter is dirty as hell could that also have to do with it?

Comment

Do a search for the IACV cleaning thread. That is a common fix for that problem, and hopefully it will fix your bouncing idle.

Later,
        BR

Comment

Working...
        X