ES Tie Rod Boot Set..anygood??

found these on ebay today and i need to replace my tie rod…any of you used them or heard anything about them…seem likes a decent cheap replacement to me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7934037722&category=33593&sspagename=WDVW

sorry bad link…and now i cant edit it…but ill copy and paste what it says

Made of Energy’s HYPER-FLEX™ performance polyurethane for added performance and durability.

At last it is possible to replace a damaged tierod dust boot without having the expense of buying an entire new tie rod! (Typically when tie rods are worn, an entirely new tie rod end is needed and the additional expense of a suspension alignment is required.)
These exclusively engineered Energy Suspension ® boots resist damage from rocks, sand, water, road salt, and oils better than many other O.E.M. rubber boots.
All boots have a 5 Point Sealing Action, which not only prevents loss of tie rod lubricant but also inhibits contamination (the major cause of rod wear)!
GIVE YOUR VEHICLE SUSPENSION ADDED DURABILITY!

If you are replacing your tie rod ends…then just use the boots that come w/ them. They should be better quality and better secured. If your stock boots are torn to shreds and you’re not going to replace the whole rod end… then the ES boots are better than having nothing on there.

ok…but are they any good?..would it be as good as a whole new tie rod

as I said, they are OK. Not great, not complete crap. It just depends on how you plan on using them.

They are no better than stock boots, in fact stock are probably better because they will most likely make a better seal. However if your stock boots are trashed and the rod ends are ok, then it would be wise to at least put new boots on them.

Putting ES boots onto used oem tie rod ends will NOT be better than getting new oem tie rod ends. The boots only protect the joint in the rod end. As long as that joint stays greased up and clean…the boot is doing its job.

sounds good to me thanks…ill probably give them a try since there cheap