X

Shifter shakes at speed.

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter shakes at speed.

Ok, just got my beater on the road (well not licenced hehehe) and I was doing about 60KM/H and I noticed that the shifter lever started to shake a bit, so I went a little faster, and the shifter shook even more. I was doing about 80KM/H and wow is that thing ever shaking. Any idea what would cause this? It is a short shifter (instaled in the car before I purchased it) so oter then that I dont know anything else. Could it be buushings? I notice that when I have the car sitting in the garage not running, when I move the handle I can hear what sounds lik heatshilds rattling when I move the shifter left and right outa gear. Any ideas?

maybe your tranny mount is bad causing engine vibration which is then traveling down the shift linkage, either that or your shifter bushings like you said.

Comment

if it's got a short shifter, get under the car & remove that whole section of heatshield. It serves no purpose, really & every short shifter ever made for our cars smacks into it if reinstalled after installation of the shifter...

Comment

ok thanks for the info all, keep any ideas comming, ill check into the heatshield deal.....

Comment

Working...
        X