Weird noise (while moving; not suspension/brake related)

The car is a 91 DA and I am getting this strange noise from what sounds like the middle to passenger side of the engine bay. I can best describe it as a “squeeky vibration.” It only happens when I am in motion, and is not rpm dependant. It’s rhythmatic…goes for about a 2 second burst, then is silent for about a second, then repeats. I can press in the clutch while coasting, and it still makes the noise. I can also hear a faint hiss while moving, and when I stop completely, the hissing goes away (as it goes away it sounds like an intake after you shut the car off).

I did notice that my power steering was just below the minimum line, so I topped it off, then drove 30 miles home. The sounds are still there.
It seems like whatever it is, it must be linked to the VSS somehow. I don’t see how else it would only start when the car is in motion, even when coasting. Could it be the power steering just having air in it? This one is really confusing me, and I have never heard a noise like it.

I think I have found the source of the noise. It appears to be coming from the ABS unit area, but I am not positive on that. What would cause it ot make these weird noises? I am not throwing any ABS codes.

i think i remember a post like thgis before… try running a search… i can’t remember what the cause of fix for it was

That 2 second noise may be your ABS pump trying to charge a broken accumulator, this happened on my accord, at least visually inspect your accumulator for leaks and check the abs fluid to see if its going down from a leak.

I would tell you where it is located but my teg has no abs :wink: