I want to replace my Main grounds

Hi everyone,

I am getting a shock everytime i get into my car since i changed my thermostat. I was wondering if anyone has pics of 3 main ground points?

I found that there are 3 main gound points i searched! , and i wanted to know what size cable should i use to redo the grounds. I replaced the one from the radiator support to the bottom right hand corner of the valve cover/engine block with 4gauge, and from the valve to the block with 10gauge

there are 2 morel ground spots for the engine:

1. From the battery, to the framerail, to the tranny

2. From your engine wiring harness to the thermostat housing

should i use the same size wires for these? and what lengths do i need? and can i do them without having to go under the car, and needing a lift?

if your going really big on your ground and power wires go with welding wire its easier to bent and can handle more current flow. i used welding wire to replace my main ground from the battery and the main power to the started on my last car it made a noticable differance.

http://sunautomobile.com/hgs_pro.htm

but where do i put these wires? Where i live, getting a the service manual from Acura is crazy expensive, and the helms is book isn’t available. Can anyone scan the pics and email them to me?

michael.diloreto@gmail.com

i have plenty of space on there

Today, i replaced the ground going to the batt, to the frame and then to the transmission. I also redid the ground from the valve cover to the frame, i just cleaned the contacts.

I can’t find the wire going from the engine wiring harness to the thermostat housing, can anyone tell me what it looks like, or has a pic? i removed my air intake, and i can’t see any wire looking like a ground…

it SHOULD be a ring terminal connector with like 4 wires or something coming off it… it connects to the top of the thermostat housing…don’t think you needed to take it off to replace the thermostat

hmm, i don’t remember seeing that, i’ll check again…

does it really makes a big difference in performance when changing all the ground to a 4awg thickness??

smaller wire = more resistance… larger = less resistance… longer = more resistance… shorter = less resistance

Changing the grounds on hondas doesn’t really change much in performance, maybe 1-2 hp at the MOST, but i am doing it because all of my wires are all old and corroded, and most were even cut.

The grounds help make the motor run “smoother” when it’s idle, and when installing new electical components.

so did you found out how many ground point there is in total?
and how much lenght total did you bought for the wire?

Is that so? My engine has been idling funny since i redid my ground cables, so i’m hoping that is the case…

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106356&goto=newpost

If you replaced your grounds, check the contact places to see if they’re clean.