Exhaust size and back presure.

I have a type-r header on a stock b16a in my DA. So far I have a stock cat with a stock resonator and 2 1/4in piping all the way back to the tip. Here is my question, should I finish up this custom exhaust set-up and put on a 2 1/4in high flow cat with full 2 1/4in piping? Or should I scrap the project and get a real cat back exhaust, but in 2 1/2in to match up with my collector? Will I lose all back presure and power with such a big exhaust system?

you may lose a little bottom end but will prolly gain a little up top . i would prolly just finish it up with 2-1/4 unless you are planning on a little more comp. and bigger cams.

2 1/4 is a good size for a naturally aspirated engine. You don’t want an abundance of back pressure, but don’t go too big (I.E. 2 1/2) just keep it to the 2 1/4 setup.

You will lose bottom end period on the bigger piping but the B series VTEC engines weren’t exactly designed for alot of torque in the first place. Make it less restrictive in the top end without killing your bottom end and you’ve got yourself a winner!

My 5 minute edit time has expired… anyways, this is what I was going to say

Posted off Team Integra.net’s Website.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m planning on ctr cams, so I should just stick to what I got then.