quick clutch adjustment question

when adjusting the clutch what way do you do the nut to lower the clutch engagement

basic setup… right-tighten… left loosen

loosen…since you put more slack in the line… but you shouldnt’t adjust it to what you like… if you loosen it all the way, the clutch might not dissengage all the way

thanks… i got the pedal around half way up now… my car is still lower but under full throttle it doesnt slip on eather of them… alot better than almost all the way up

thanks man

the pedal should be about an few inches off the floor when the pedal ingauges

its about halfway up on the red teg… mine is between 1 1/2-2inches from my foot taking a guess… been like that for over a year of hard driving tho so its not slippin… only slippin feel i get is on really cold mornings… and im almost positive that feeling is just severe loss of power due to how much oil it burns below 50*f on the block

here you go man.

turning left you decrease freeplay.
turning right you increase freeplay.

and wtf exactly is the lock nut a and b for?

ok, the whole distance that the pedal travels is called total pedal travel.
there is also something called effective travel, which is where the freeplay ends and all the way to the floor.
now, the distance B you asking about is the distance where the clutch is already disengaged and are able to shift.
in reality, none of us have to put the pedal all the way to the floor.
distance b just moves the pressure plate more then it really needs, its just to be safe and it is called pedal reserve.
if you really want to shift fast you can modify to fit a bolt/screw on the floor wich will stop the pedal of going further where B starts.
once you installed that screw you will be clutching twice as fast.
here are few notes of my:
i hope this will help you to understand it.

im used to american cars with cable trannys… u adjust by the tranny (and maybe at the firewall with a aftermarket adjuster) and thats it

when you adjust the clutch under the hood… do you have to adjust those nuts under the pedals or can you just leave them alone?

leave that alone just ajust the nut under the hood above the trans

thats good than because thats all i did

Ok, well i just put my 90gs on the road, I have one mayjor complaint. The clutch engauges t the verry top of the peddal, now I dont know if the privious owner adjusted it like that casue of the quick shift or if its the fact that the clutch may be on its way out (no slipping yet) but I would like to get it adjusted to about halfwy down the peddal. I have been told that there is no much room for adjustments on the clutch in these cars. Is this true?

anybody have a picture of this knob thing?

your clutch is on the way to its finish.
you basically have no freeplay, which means the clutch disc is worn out.