Never know if car will start

OK I looked around at all of the starting problems,but most people are haveing problems one time. Here is my thing I get into my car and have to hope my car will start. Its like a 50 50 thing lol. I go to start it and it cranks up but doesnt kick over, so i try again and a few more times. If it will start after a few trys it just kickes over and my car runs perfectly fine for like the rest of the day and for a few days after with no problems. Also if I get in and it gives problems the first try I can get it to start by spraying starting fluid inside the air filter and it will kick over and idle out correct. Mechanics tell me they cant help me if the car is not haveing the problem when it is at there shop, sucks hu? Need help please becuase I am selling it and need it fixed now before I can .

How old are things like the wires, plugs, fuel filter, etc?

mine did that… it was one of 2 things… sticking idle air valve… (which i dont know how that wouldnt let it start when cold) or the timing belt… it did it for about 2 weeks randomly… sometimes start fine sometimes 20-30seconds of cranking before it would even start to fire 2 weeks after it started that the timing belt broke

I had the same problem, util one day it did not start at all. I replaced the ignition coil and now it starts great. Good luck
-Aaron

http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

maybe this is your problem

[size=7]before you do anything that will actually cost money and not necessarily fix your car, check your ground wires and make sure all connections are clean and free of rust and other corrosion.[/size]

hopefully i stressed it enough.

The Problem Is Your Pgmfi Relay
Hit Me Up Through Email If You Need One I Have One
My Did That. What Happens Is The Coil On The Relay Gets All Torn Up From Daily Use

I’m going to have to agree with xxtegra, its prolly the main fuel relay. Happens to the best of us :slight_smile: I just replaced mine about two months ago. Hated the summer driving because the heat always took it’s toll on the damn thing. I was kind of in the same boat too with “will it start or not”, although mine usually did start. I found a simple way to help the situation was to unbolt the main fuel relay from where its mounted, so that it was hanging lower and within easy access. Anytime it didn’t start, I’de tap on it kinda hard, and 9 times outta 10, it’d work.

A quick way of summing up the problem, and you’ll find this all over here in the forums and on Honda-tech, is because the areas that were soldered together become loose/break and/or corroded. There is a good write up on here about how to resolder everything yourself to save money on buyin a new main fuel relay.

If you do buy a new one, I think mine was about $45 at Acura. Just tell them you need a new main fuel relay, they’ll know what you mean :slight_smile:

Oh and real quick ferret was right about checking your ground wires. It’s free and only take a few minutes max!

– Kevin