Crankshaft pulley sliding back and forth

My buddies 92 ls is havin some serious problems, his uncle changed the timing belt last week and now the crankshaft pulley is rubbing up against the block…not good, and when you turn the ac on the pulley slides out away from the block and wobbles around, it sounds horrible.

I’ve never seen it before, I’m guessing his uncle left something out behind the pulley? is it a 2-piece pulley?

I dont know, any help would be great, thanks.

did you make sure if the pulley was torqued down right? There are 2 of these metal rigns on both sides as well tho.

plus the little “crank pulley key.” i think thats what its called. real small. i don’t know how much of an effect it would have on the pulley sliding in and out though.

my pulley was doing the same thing on my civic. we tried using jbweld and putting the key bolt back in but it was a little chewed up and eventually let loose again. depending on the severity you might have to get a crank kit, or just have somebody tac weld it if you cant get a new pulley and key.

Did the rubber dampener seperate from the rest of the pulley? That is what happened to mine. I think I payed about $200 for a new crank pulley. HTH.
By the way, I believed it’s called a woodruff key.