95 LS swap into a 91

Okay…I blew my engine a while back. Searching far and long for a new motor. Couldn’t find one that fit my budget until last week. I found a 95 B18b1 with about 90,000mi on it. I bought it. Brought it home. I’ve never swapped a motor before. I’ve taken a couple out, never put one back in. Right now I have the motor out. The transmission off. And I’m in the process of transferring everything off of my old motor to my new one. This is where I ran into several problems.
First: I ran into three sets of wires in the back of the block. I noticed my new motor doesn’t have this. I ask around they tell me because the new motor is OBD1 and the motor I have is OBD0. “Thanks guys…” I’m sorry, but telling me what it is won’t help. Telling me HOW to fix it will help. I know everyone on this site can do just about anything to their cars so I’m ASKING. PLEASE tell me how I can get this engine harness to match up to my new motor. I’ve searched this site. It says I need to move the wires to the thermostat housing. Ok, I haven’t a CLUE what that is. Please help!

(p.s. the one i’m talking about has a black boot that’s connected to the block w/ a yellow and black wire coming out from it. I tried to center the wires as perfectly as possible

swap 015.jpg

isnt that a knock sensor? and dont the OBD-0 B18a’s not have one? maybe do a search for knock sensor, or read the swap guide for more info.

thermostat housing, thats where the thermostat is kept. your repair manual should show you where its at (under the throttle body), you do have a book right?

I did this same swap into my car, a 96 b18b1 into a 90. Its been so long I can’t remember what the steps where, but i do know that with the blocks pulled and compared side by side, you should be able to use common sense about what needs to be altered and/or switched over.

p.s. thats not the knock sensor. its a thermal sensor, so by moving it to the thermostat housing, it would make sense.

ok thermostat housing is where the thermal sensor is? the guys i bought the motor from said that i need to extend the fan wires to the thermostat housing.
i have a book for my car, but not for the b18b1 motor. so i’m confused on what to do. i’ve been stuck w/o a car for about 3 weeks now. i’m upset