Which Clutch to get?? yes i searched

seems to me that people are happy with exedy race clutch. i see them at clutchcity.com and was wondering if it is worth getting the “race” one for about $280 or should i just get the oem replacement exedy for about $180??? i need to make a descision asap.
any input would be greatly appreciated. trying to justify the extra 100$ i like to drive the da hard sometimes, but it is completely stock. dont have any bolt ons, and if i decide to put bolt ons it would only be i/h/e.
thanks in advance,
mike

The OEM replacement is just that. A basic stock clutch. If you’re a good manual driver, it will last you however long your previously clutch lasted.

You only need the upgraded disc if you drive HARD and will do some decent upgrades.

hmm ok so it sounds that in the long run i would be better just shelling out the extra 100$ or so for the race clutch then.

The race one will hold more power, which you dont really care abouit, but it will also take more heat and abuse if you want to get on it every once in a while ;)…or every day…I say go for it, beware of the added pedal pressure though, it will be much harder to push down than stock, i had an exedy stage 1 and now i have a clutchmasters stage 3…the one i have now is very easy to push down, but the exedy stage 1 was very hard, not to hard, but enough to be anoying in stop and go…

:shrug:

I have the exedy organic, it is a little harder than the stock one, but not much. I don’t find it any more annoying than stock.

My engine is stock for now as well, but I paid the extra for the race one to accomidate future mods.

exedy on its way :slight_smile:

yay,
thank you guys for your input i really appreciate it. i just ordered my exedy race clutch woo hoo! i cant wait.
thanks again,
mike

You’ll really like it. I love mine.