The RPM meter bounces up and down

Hello PPz

The RPM meter keeps bouncing up and down when I pass like 2500 rpm sometime it does it even when its low. Its acting like its having a heart attack but no outside effect that I can notice. Annoys me and scares me.

Anyone any help?
Happens only when its cold, before it was happening when I start the car and drive right away but now its causing it even when its all warmed up.

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/10.html

also check for leaks in your vacuum hoses because that will cause the idle to fluctuate. also when you search for FITV you find this post and it may help you with your problems. i was having the same problems now it runs great. good luck

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42969&highlight=fitv

Both my Integra and my Accord did what you described shortly before the ignitor shit itself.

Have the ignitor checked.

I acutally have this going on right now on my car, i took it to the dealership to get checked out for some other stuff and they said it was leaking rings on the injectors. So it might be the same cause of your problem.

Injector problems will cause surging, but won’t cause the tech to go all over the friggin place while accelerating.

Oh, sorry misunderstood the problem. Mine revs up and down mainly when ideling. Will go up to like 2500 or 3000 then drop about 500-1000rpms.

Thank you all for the quick replies
Special thx for the 1st person who replied back to me.

I followed the fixing bounching tech article and that fixed the problem.
I love dielectric, didn’t know about that shit…
I see much better performance as well…
lovin it…
365000km on the 90 ls sedan and its pullin…

once again thx all

Just another tip here i dunno if it was said

I had this same problem on my 91 GS. clutch was being a bitch going into gear and it would grind and shake my whole car.
Loosen off the clutch theres a turn-knob right above the transmission that loosens the cable or tighters. loosen the cable and its all good.
peace

rminds me of my cuz’s old 87 accord. u be going down the interstate at like 70-75mph and it would be fine runnin about 4000rpm’s then he would acccel. to like 80 than 85 and the speedo would just peg all the way to 125 and the rpm would be buried all the way. STRANGE