X

PCV valve "Removal"

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCV valve "Removal"

Ok so I broke my cherry "removing" the PCV valve on my Teg....Question are they normally very brittle and just crumble when you try to pull them out? So after I got all of the old valve pieces out I saw a little rubber boot in the Tube to the Crankcase, Is this boot to stay in and just shove the new Valve on? I purchased a Puralator valve for replacement...Can anyone put their two cents, or maybe even a whole dollar?

mine was brittle and broke also. took forever to get the broken piece out.

i cant help you with the other question, sorry.

Comment

Also....when I check the valve for operation I don't hear a clicking noise...Is the noise faint or loud, it can't be louder than the engine noise which is really all I can hear, I just don't know what to listen for. Does anyone have a .WAV file of the noise...LOL

Comment

i'm pretty sure that if you shake it while its out, it should rattle. if it don't then its bad.

Comment

Okay, that would be correct, and it did rattle before I put it in, Thanks.

Comment

Mine was brittle too. It broke right in the 90 degree bend. I figure it probably happens a lot because of the way it gets pulled out stresses that spot (not to mention some are over 10 years old!).

I actually couldn't get a replacement PCV valve grommet, so I just left the old one. Everything is working fine for awhile now.

As far as the clicking noise, I don't think it's very loud (haven't tested while on the car). I was curious, so a just breathed air in both sides of the new (clean) one and there was a faint click when the pressure plate sealed, plus it stopped my blowing.

my 3 cents

Comment

Yes you leave the little rubber 'boot' in the head, thats what seals around the valve. Make sure you get any peices out of there if any got in cuz they will clog up your oil passages.

Yes the valve should make quite a loud clicking noise when shaken back and forth.

I had to buy a new rubber hose that connects to it and the intake because i just couldnt get the valve out of the tube and ended up ripping the tube in half lol, so beware you may have to get a new one.

Comment

Working...
              X